Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Luke 6:46-49

"So why do you call me Lord when you won't obey me? I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then obeys me. It is like a person who builds a house on a strong foundation laid upon the underlying rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who listens and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will crumble into a heap of ruins."

Or someone who builds a city under sea level...

I had a pretty cool dream last night that just confirmed something God spoke to me a while back, that being that he would be with me wherever I go (which I firmly believe is a promise for all of us), and then this is what I read this morning.

Lord help me to listen and obey, that my life would be built upon You. The only thing that doesn't change, that doesn't fade away. My hope is in You. Let all my plans and decisions be guided by Your hand, and that it would all be for Your glory.

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

lets just pray we continue to remember that he is with us always.

And yes you are accepted back into society. Pale-skinny-white-man.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

What amazes me is how different life is if it isn't build on the Rock. Watching so many feel so hopeless is incredibly saddening. Makes you want to run around and tell them about Jesus...at least it does for me.

Thanks for the wonderful reminder Luke. God is with us always, no matter whether we are on the top of the mountain or struggling in the valley. Praise God for His unconditional love and mercy for us.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...finally you have updated so us unbloggers can post! Thanks Luke :) (un meaning that I just don't HAVE one nothing else ;> )

Luke call me. Would love to hear about your dream. (and just to chat) Miss you.
Big Hug AYBFma

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Cool. I like the sound of that. Thanks for posting. About friday, were you going to tell people about it, or did you want me to round up the troops?
luv
-Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home