Monday, October 17, 2005

Deep theology and deep confusion

Bob got back tonight, good onya mate, it was good to hang with you for a bit, and once again we were up in his room late just hangin and chattin. We always seem to get to the somewhat less definite areas of the Bible, and how we should live according to God's word, but what wonder what that means in some regards...Anyway, we always ask a question, and that leads to another question, and that to another, and in the end, more questions than we started with, and even less answers...not that it gets me to questioning my faith, or even what I might tend to believe myself in the lesser defined area's (I generally just can't manage to explain why), it only leaves me with this comprehension of how little I actually comprehend, and how that leaves me even more and more dependent upon God's daily revelation of His word in my life, and a sense of desparation whenever I get this faint notion that I can do something on my own and thus without God. He's amazing. That's all there is too it. I don't understand Him, not even in the slightest bit. I know portions of His word and can somewhat experience His love, but that doesn't mean I understand...there might be times when I think I do, but seriously, can we even begin to think on the same level as the Father? Really...there's no way, even as we revel in our proudest moments of human high fallutin wisdom, God must just chuckle and think they're so simple, yet I love them still.
So, it's late, and this was probably more confusing, but it is all out of a yearning in my heart to know the Father more.

Reveal Yourself to me Lord. I need You so very much. I understand nothing, and You have abundant stores of wisdom. Pour that out on me, not so I can gloat in it, but that I can know You more. Come and consume every part of my life. Let my mind dwell and be controlled by the spirit, as Your heart conquers mine. Holy fire burn away. You're the only thing that satisfies, everything else is trivial and meaningless. My heart literally burns for you (unless that's the chili I ate). I have to have more, I want You to take controll, You have to, for the sake of Your kingdom, and the sake of Your people who You have chosen me to lead. Who am I to lead? What have I done to make me deserving of such a task? Only made a mockery of Your name and shown my innadequacy even more. But You are faithful and good. You turn winter into spring, and make this cold heart grow. You take this weak body, this feable mind, and bring glory to Your name, and healing to Your people. It is true. Your power is shown magnificantly through my weakness. Your grace covers my downfalls. It is You, only You. I live for nothing else. There's nothing else that can fill the void, nothing to quench the fire. So have Your way. Let Your desires become my own, Your love overflow through me. Break down any pride and stubborness, any feeling of honor, and let me live to glorify You forevermore.

11 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Luke said...

anyone know how I can remove comments? I guess I'll have to turn on word varification to stop them, but I'm not sure how to delete comments.

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Knows how to.

Love you Luke...Love your heart.

Aybfma

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hi Luke. Thanks for your thoughts. It really is true... there are so many things that we don't understand about God and what He has done. Your thoughts reminded me of Ecclesiastes 3:11 which says "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." I find myself wanting to know more about God and like you, when I ask questions sometimes all I get are more questions! Its all good though, b/c one day we will have no questions anymore.

About the deleting comments thing...here's how you do it. There may be an easier way but this is all I know. First login and then go to new post. Then click on "edit posts", then click "view" on the post you want to delete comments on. That will show you your entry and any comments others have left. Click on the little garbage can located at the end of the comment you want to delete. That should delete it, after you confirm you want to delete it.

Have a good week!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Thanks Angie. I can really relate to that...it really emphasizes the beauty in the mystery of God. You always have the right words at the right time...I guess that's part of the enormous benefit of writing God's word upon our hearts. Thanks also for the help with the comments.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

or luke when you look at your comments theres a little trash can just press it and the comments go away.

Anywho, it is true that no matter what we think we know about God we really don't know at all. huh? Even i don't know what i just wrote. Gahh...my brain hurts.
But i love what you wrote its sooo very true.
See ya thrsday Bday boy!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Luke said...

I think it's friday that I'll see you...I have to work Thurs. and Sat. Right? Yes, that's right...I think. Now my brain is hurting...I'll see you Fri.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

no its thursday because we can't do it sat but your free on thursday.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Luke said...

No, I'm working Thurs...I think...aren't I working Thurs and Sat...isn't that what we discussed...now luke, your confusing the poor girl...hush you...who said you could talk? Besides, it's Friday...no it's not...yes it is...no...yes...no...yes...ahhhhhh...I'm melting...good, just don't get it on the carpet

I think that means its to late, and yes I have to work tomorrow.

and that is Thurs. See you Fri.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Too funny ya wierdo!!!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a bust up Luke...especially your melting and don't get it on the carpet!!!!
Ahhh your killing me!

Love you know who....(biggest member of your fan club...me)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Kim said...

HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home