Thursday, October 27, 2005

Good Times, Community, and Beer

So, angie was wondering what I was doing up after midnight last night responding to her comment. So here it is. I confess. After youth, I was out with a couple of the other college group persons over at Marfields drinking. There you have it. Oh and I might as well bring yall down with me...Bob, EZ, Justin, Kim (she was drinking Dr. Pepper), and myself. Now you know it, we're all a bunch of alchies, and I better not be the only one at the AA meetings!

No, not really. We've been sorta making this effort to strive for community amongst ourselves. What I mean by that is become actively involved in eachothers lives, more than seeing eachother at church and College Group occasionally during the week.

So, we went over to marfields, which is an irish pub, and were hoping to get a bight to eat, have a beer or two, and just talk about what God's doing in our lives. And that's just what we did...minus the eating, cause their kitchen was closed. So anyway, we let Dave (the owner) pick the beer, and we all sat around having good times. Our conversation ranged from suicide, to living in community, to just what's going on in our lives. I was talking with Dave Griffith the other day, and he mentioned that we don't do enough together as believers just to have fun. Because no matter what we do, we will live as Christians, and be a light to those around us, so it really didn't matter what we did. He's making this push to organize a Texas Hold 'Em night down at the church...I laughed at first and told him it was a good pipe dream, but I think it might actually be a possibility. We'll see. So back to last night, we each had two beers, minus kim, and then we went over to taco bell for some comida (food in spanish, for all you unejimacated people), and continued to talk there. We had a really good time just hanging out and lovin on eachother, and I know some of us just needed to get out of the house.

Well, time to go buy rakes for our servant evangelism project today. You guys can pray that the kids will enjoy serving, and that people will be touched by God's love, and allow us to pray for them, and that God would answer those prayers.

Cya, LK

8 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger stevai said...

crraazzy... Im at school while you wrote this post. I know, "am" is wrong in the sentence, WRONG, I am still at school typing this presently. The reason I wrote this, I saw your blog earlier and this post wasn't there. crraazzy...
Seriously though, isn't that cool. It's like some parallel universe stuff.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for inviteing me to hang with you guys last night, I really needed the fellowship and it was great...even if I coundn't have a beer. :) We should do that MUCH more often.
love ya, Kim

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger JC said...

you cheater!!!That was my unemjumicated word!!! Goooooooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhh. Geez, napolean, i think me an LaFawnduh are gunna quit hangin around you cause ur a little crack head. Aaaiiiiiggghht? Um...........................I didnt really get that wack comment you left me so um.....bye.
Chizzler??

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Luke said...

I totally agree Kim! We don't have to drink, but just get together and hang out. Our group is really good at that. Maybe we actually can get that hold em night going on...that's so funny! Did you tell your dad we wanted him to hang with us? You'll have to tell him our idea...LOL...I bet it'll scare him and he'll think we're all alchies. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow!

JC, I don't even remember what I wrote...I'll have to go and check it again.

Yes Jon, it is a parallel universe where you can be in school typing, and me at home typing at the same time. I know that blows your mind that the world continues to move in places that you're not, but it's true...lol. Love ya man. Oh btw...thanks for your maturity. You don't know how much I appreciate you and aley. Although, I'm going to push both of you to step up and lead by example and words even more. Love ya man.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Luke, I guess I'll allow you to stay up late...ha ha.

Fellowship is so important, especially w/ people your age. In the congregation that I am blessed to be a part of, there are many people of varying age. It is awesome to know that there are 450 people of like faith together to worship God, and to look out for each other. It's also easy to get lost in the crowd. I definitely feel alone sometimes. Without small-time fellowship w/ each other, it's easy to feel like a needle in a haystack. Why did I say all of this again...not sure? Anyway, you get my drift of why I think fellowship is important. Its the only way we can be "of one mind" in Christ, as Paul describes in Philippians 2:1-2.

May God bless you all to have many more times of fellowship w/ each other.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Luke said...

You know we had a good time...always...and yeah, fellowship is crucial. I've been loving this last month or so when we've tried to stress this with our group. It's been great, or maybe it's just that God has been so incredibly good and faithful to me, and this is just a side note...not sure, but I like it. Cya,

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger friend said...

I love Luke

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Weeelll i'm glad ya'll had a good time...*coughcough* Just kiddning i just went home that night and cried myself to sleep. Actually i don't remember what i did that night...hmmm....drunkard! teehee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home