Friday, October 28, 2005

Jonah's Prayer

I cried to you in my distress
I called to you from the world of the dead
And you heard me, Lord you heard me

Cast down in ocean depths
Heart sank beneath the waves
Calling for your presence
You found me, Oh you found me

Beneath the waves, close to death
A noose of seaweed around my neck

Lord hear me, Oh hear me
Come find me, Lord find me
This song of praise, life offered up to you
To fulfill my vows and do your will
Spit me up, Spit me up
To dry ground, Your beach of love
Sands of grace



------------------------------------------

On another note, I just heard over my pager of an 18 yr old girl giving birth to a baby! The baby is breathing and fine, and the chord is still attached! Oh the miracle of life!

I tried to come up with the words to express my thankfullness to God for his goodness, but found myself lacking like never before. And there, in that moment, closing my eyes, I could feel and hear my spirit speaking in tongues the words I could not express.
That is honestly the first time in my life I've ever "heard/spoke" in tongues, and had absolutely no doubt that it was legit! Amazing! Hallelujah!

.............................................................

I couldn't finish this post last night. That was crazy! Lord you are astounding!

14 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Brenton said...

For the LORD Most High is awesome!!!!!

Psalm 47:2 (no joke!)

Love ya bro and love the poem....is that yours?

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Not really mate, I was reading Jonah 2, and it sorta came out...I think this might be my first real attempt at audio blogging, is to take that, put music to it, and let'er ride...That's if I ever get the time and my guitar in the same place.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger JC said...

Wattup big L?? Um.....thats cool that you "spoke" in tongues. Im so very proud of you my little muffin cake!! Um....bye.
Chizzler out.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chizzler you bust me up. AND you need help. ;)
lol
She2

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

I'd love to hear it if you put music too it. If i ever do finish my songs and work out the audio blogging i'll do the same. See you later...Muffin Cake!!! teehee!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Muffin cake? ok...

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Luke i'm soooo sorry i didn't come to the youth worship meeting...or whatever you call it. I totally forgot. Me and my mum were watching a show we had wanted to see and i didn't even notice the time until i came upstairs and saw the clock. I feel like a total prick cause i told you i would be there and i spaced. So...i guess i'll see you on thursday. Because wether i spaced or not still does not give you permission to skip my play. Cause you do realize that if you do skip my play you'll die a horrible death of DOOOOOOMMMM!!!! just like that. jk. but i really am sorry about not coming i do really feel like a prick.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Kim said...

cool prayer Luke, it really spoke to me.
luv,
-Kim

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Why does no one comment on the college group blogg!??! *cries*

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

You are hereby warned by the Update police ya loser. I mean come on my schedule is packed and yet i'm still updating more than you skank! UPDATE!!!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Kim, I haven't honestly haven't even checked the college group blog in a while...didn't know you were up on it. That's good though.

Kat...
Your schedule is packed! You don't even know the meaning of the word packed!...That's alright though...I still love you anyway...just for your info though, over the last 84 hours, 48 of them have been spent at work, 9 have been spent in fire classes, 9 have been spent at church, 4 have been spent doing "alternative ministries" (hanging out with crazy youth kids), and 3 1/2 have been spent watching football. So, that leaves 11 1/2 hours between the two days I wasn't at work to sleep, pay bills, talk to people on the phone, run one call with my Fire Dept...and do whatever else I needed to do... Still got a packed schedule? That's alright...like I said, I still love you despite your highschool mind...JK "oh, low blow huh? That one probably got me in trouble..." You know I'm totally joking...Anyway, I'll see you Thurs.


WHY MUFFIN CAKE? THAT'S LIKE THROWING ME INTO THE BAPTISM TANK...WHY?

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must look cute wet Luke? That's all I can figure?

Love AYBFMa

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Kim said...

teehee

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger DrLeah said...

I see you're getting a taste of your own medicine! HA! "You can't be THAT busy to not be able to update, blah, blah, blah" (highly sarcastic voice-- by the way)Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home