Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ezekiels Love

Lie down on your side for 390 days. Then flip to the other side for 40 days. Demonstrate play seiges in the dirt with bricks and your hair, and let everyone see you as a fool. Cook your food using human dung...ok, only animal dung. You may not leave your home unless I say, and you will be unable to speak lest I loose your tongue to speak my words. If you fail to repeat what told, you will be held accountable for the blood of many wicked men. (and that's just the beginning)

You know, that doesn't exactly sound like a great time to me. Especially the part about not talking...I know, you all thought I was going to say the dung...lol. Anyway, that was no party that Ezekiel was going through, but at the same time, look at the benefit he received. He was in direct contact with the Heavenly Father. I think that's the only way he could possibly complete what God required of him. The fact that it wasn't him, but God in Him allowing Him to make it through and maintain sanity and peace through it all.

We all have moments in our lives, where we can feel God's presence and peace in us, and around our circumstances. It's in those times, that it makes no difference what's happening, just to feel God that near means that everything is alright. The world as we know it could come crashing down around us, or even worse girls, you could break a nail, or a boy could ignore you or something ( I know those things are just devastating and it's only by the grace of God that you ever make it through...Oh boy, I'm in deep dung now!), and if we know and feel God right there by our side, it makes no difference. I've been in that place, and it really brings to light what you live for.

Ever been in love? You know what that feels like...you would quit your job and move across the world to be right next to the one you love. You would climb the highest mountain etc...You all know what I'm talking about. Cause when you're right next to that person, holding them tight as the cold winds blow against you, nothing else matters. Nothing could shake you cause you have everything you've ever needed in life. To love and be loved in return.

It's the same with God only a billion times better. It's his love, his presence that allowed Ezekiel to endure physically unbearable things, plus the mocking of foolish, wicked people (talk about adding insult to injury). It's his love that allows us to hold it together when everything seems to be falling apart.

When you're in that place. When for some unthinkable reason, the maker of the universe decides to pour his favor and presence out on a nobody sinner like you and I, that the world is made complete. You see, we only experience a slight sliver of his presence, even in the greatest spiritual high, otherwise we'd surely die. But even that miniscual dose, we realize that His love is all that matters.

It finally puts heaven into perspective. It makes it slightly possible to understand how we can't understand heaven. Because we can't fathom what it would be like to experience God's love and presence in its fullness, so thus we can't fathom how good heaven truly is.

I know when we're in that place, experiencing God's love and presence on us, that it's truly euphoric. And even to lose just a slight feeling of that leaves us desperately reaching, searching, scraping to find anything we can do to feel His presence, His goodness once again. It's like watching your spouse or the love of your life get on an airplane and fly away to a distant land. You would do whatever it takes to keep her with you, to feel her warmth by your side, but there's nothing you can do. In the end it's her decision. We're hopeless. There is nothing we can really do. If God chooses to bless us and draw near, he will. There is no secret spiritual activity, there is no magic prayer. All we can do is obey, do what we always do in drawing as near as we can (prayer, worship, and reading his love letter to us), and then wait for the Father to sneak up behind us and wrap us in his arms. And in his loving embrace, we melt and all the world fades away...
Yeah, it's kinda like that

11 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger stevai said...

thats awesome. I can't wait to die...jk but really i can't wait to get to heaven...euphoria...thats so cool luke. How do you come up with this stuff?
Anyways i finally finished all my papers...almost.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yeah your in trouble all right!*unsheaths dagger* ;)
Other than the girl comments, it was an awsome post. That I think is as close as we could ever come to discribing His love and our want for it. It's cool.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger stevai said...

look at my blog...then help me out some.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Now I know who's site I should go to if I want to yoink (oh yeah! I said 'yoink') a youth group lesson! heh...

-grace

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger friend said...

Your sword wielding is getting better and better. It is refreshing.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

I hate you. You made me cry. Jerk.
-kat

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Ah, that's not nice.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Beat her at cards again, huh?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Luke said...

No, I'm not sure why I'm a jerk...sigh...that makes me sad...lol (ATF)

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Kim said...

You made her cry because your blogg was touching or something. I don't know what she was talking about! heh

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Right...???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home