Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ugh...

I've had the priveledge of having 3 days straight off since I took yesterday off...then, I go back to work Fri...then have 4 more days off! Isn't that sweet. This morning's been great. I've had the priveledge of relaying God's love through his word on some blogs, and getting some awesome stuff out of it myself (IE...Titus 3:4-5 "But then God our Savioor showed us his kindness and love. He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit" and 2Cor. 5:16-21 (THIS IS POWERFUL!) "So we have stopped evaluating others by what the world thinks about them. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, as though he were merely a human being. How differently I think about him now! What this means is that those who beomce Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life begins! All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ's ambassadors, and God is using us to speak to you. We urge you, as though Christ himself were here pleading with you, "Be reconciled to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.")
I've also sat around and dreamed of great youth nights in Leavenworth with a thousand kids at the community center! That being all the youth of this whole area, and hundreds getting saved, and this town turning around while the youth revolt against Satan and the spirit of depression he has on this place, and the Spirit enciting revolution. It would be the event of the year...YOU CAN'T MISS IT!!!

Well, now that I'm done with that...Ugh...I've got to clean my room seriously badly (if that's incorrect grammer or english or whatever...Ben, I'm sorry), and do laundry like there's no tomorrow...But serioulsy, if there was no tomorrow, would I really do my laundry???

18 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger d said...

I miss you too Luke. Hope you're doing well.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger the worm said...

It is clear that this is the blog of the Apostle to Leavenworth. I pray your vision is brought to fruition in time for your own eyes to see it.

I hope you preach as you write. If so, the walls of the enemy will not stand for long.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Thanks D! All is well, and God is good as always. I hope you are able to find time in that busy schedule for the company of fellow brothers and sisters...I know the fellowship does tremendous things for me. And oh, have you heard of the update police??? Ask my bro...you might be hearing from them soon...bumbumbum

Paul, that's an extreme overstatement! And unfortunatly no, I have a much harder time saying it than writing it. At youth last night, I actually read that post on the power of words and the tongue, then we discussed it for a bit. I just wasn't sure I could articulate what I felt God speaking any better than it was written. That'll probably be the only time that takes place, but it was sorta a last minute change of plans on our topic. I find God gives me grace to speak his word much more effectively through simple hang out times with the guys, than my actual speaking on Wed. However, I think God is able to use even that time to speak to all of us here, me included. I don't know what he has planned, but I'm excited about it whatever it is.

But I agree with your prayer. Lord let it be! In your name, by your power, and for your glory Father, let it be.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

we need to find anudder day to play foozbal, dookey! the only day i can think of is thanksgiving when you're over, but i doubt anyone else can play too.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

oh, yeah i forgot on the comment i just did. you're a good preacher-atter too.
you mean more to the y.g than you think.
just lettin' ya know.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

oh, yeah. i forget again.
thanks for the prayer last night. i feel so much better.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger JC said...

Hey muffin cake!! hows it hangin? Well, just thought i would drop in and leave you a comment. Oh yah, you should give me a comment listing how to get my site all spiffied up like yours. Ok?

Well, have a fun couple of days off.

Adios.

Chizzler out.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

glad you're getting a little down time. You are usally very busy. I chanllage you and Bobaralla to cards.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger David Killough said...

Bro, your site is sick. You've gotta show me how to put that background up. I've got some sweet pics I'd like to put up in the background. It's good to see you're able to take a break. Much needed I imagine. BTW, you've gotta call me and tell me your idea.

Dizzler out yo, peace to yo mama, brotha

That one's for you JC. ;)

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Trust me i will look more deeply into all of it. The tats and the whole goth thing. Now that i actually think about i don't know if i would actually go completely goth i'm too country, too hippy, too seattle grunge, too...EVERYTHING to be just one thing so i might just be that my wardrobe has just a little more black in it than usal. Besides i do enjoy some color everynow and then and of course denim i love denim. So yeah...the hair is going though. And i feel like I can reach people who are Goth because of suicdel reasons or depression and stuff and help them see God because i know for a fact, being one of them, that you can't come all preppy and barbie doll looking and ask them to listen to you because they won't they'll just write you off as one of THOSE people. And yeah the Tat is an expression of my faith and i wouldn't be embarressed by having it. Truthfully its just like wearing a cross necklace you still have to answer for that. I would get questioned about wearing my cross and i would just tell them that i'm a christian. END of story. Usally they wouldn't push it further.
I will obey my mum though and wait, it might do me good to wait because then i can be more firmly founded in my faith and plus i'll be older with a taste of the real world and can properlly access the situation. But i do appreciate the advice.
CARDS!!!!!!!
CARDS!!!!!!!
CARDS!!!!!!!
loser...ttfn

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger stevai said...

You get some pretty eccentric comments man...sorry, jk. Nice break? Mine was very relaxing: Weight room to suana to pool to suana to shower to bed. Very cool. I wish the community center had a suana. You should try it sometime.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CARDS!!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CARDS!!!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CARDS!!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Geez...play cards already...before she comes to your house WITH the cards in hand!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger stevai said...

see what I mean?

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Yeah Jon, you're right...

Yes Kat, I know...your time will come

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CAEDS!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home