Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The wonders of wireless

Well, I'm sitting in the front seat of the ambulance parked in front of our bay door posting. "How is he doing this?" You may ask yourself. Well, I was sitting in my room, and my little wireless signal thingy at the bottom of my screen started flashing a little, so I clicked on it curiously. Turns out, there is a wireless router somewhere within range of our station (station 3 that is), and I can hook up into it. Not sure who's it is, but I appreciate them sharing. Maybe that's bad, but I'm not charging them anything extra, and I'm not looking at anything inappropriate or nothing, just checking email, looking at blogs, updating my fantasy football, and buying a book or two off of Ebay. So, I don't necesarilly feel bad about borrowing their signal. However, it doesn't work in the station, so I have to sit out in the ambulance so I don't freeze my little hiny off. Yes, it's very cold here. For those of you in AZ and FL, it snowed here yesterday. Not the 6 feet that they got in western KS, but about 1/2". Just enough to stick. It was kinda nice, but very cold.

Kathleen. Lets see...out of the last 5 days, that would be (24x5)=120 hours, I have had 35 hours off. That means I've worked (120-35)=85 hours. And you wonder why I haven't updated. My life has consisted of work and nothing more. Unless you want to hear gross stories??? Not really, they were fun to tell at first, but not really anymore. Oh, I guess I could be making my mom a blog now...hmmm....she would probably like that. OK...Oh, one nice thing...It is now 2:30, and we haven't had one emergency call in the entire county! Not even a hospital transfer! Crazy...we'll see how long it lasts.

20 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I have one word for you...dork.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Ok Luke...first of all...make your Mom a blog! Ha ha. SNOW...oh please let it snow when I am there next month. I can't wait!

Wireless stuff is nifty. I too borrow my friend's wireless connection when I am near it. To me, if the person didn't want others to use their wireless connection then they have the option of turning on a security feature that makes you sign in. So, anyone who doesn't turn on the security thingy doesn't mind if someone else uses it. Is this deductive reasoning...? Ha.

Don't work so much! Oh and I wouldn't mind a gross story now and again...ha ha.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Luke said...

You crack me up Angie! Yes, I hope for many a snow filled night of cards when you come. That would be tight!

Kim, yes I'm a dork. I'm used to it, you might as well be too...lol. Cya.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

dats a heck uv a lot o' hourz 2 B wurkin'.
R U going 2 B at y.g Wed?
If so, I'll C U then.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger d said...

i miss you too

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Bravo Luke on making your Mom a blog! It's awesome.

I'm looking forward to card duel fests and snow too!

Catch ya later.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger stevai said...

does anyone have the decryption code for whatever Tim said?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Luke said...

You mean you didn't understand that Jon?
He said
dats a heck uv a lot o' hourz 2 B wurkin'.
R U going 2 B at y.g Wed?
If so, I'll C U then.

What's not to understand???LOL

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

Its not MY fault your a work acholic. geez.
-kat

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Yes, and it will probably only get worse with the holidays coming up also...However, I have to use up a lot of my time off since I might be switching to Leavenworth City Fire soon, so I will be taking more days off...Like this sunday! Yeah...Cya Fri. Kat

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger scumbag said...

dude, i am so completely trashed right no=w. sorry about my picture

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Ok Luke, I wrote this LONG thing on my blog about my birthday...and it was supposed to post? But it didn't? And I worked so hard to?!
:( You know when you write a long deal you hate to write it again? But I might anyways. It will never be the same though.

Oh and FL PT....thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! Luke was the first..Me the second and you the third. :) Now do I know you yet? What is your name? Is it Angie? And how is someone from Florida hooked up with all those Kansas folks...I should be doing this from MY Amazing new blog that Luke made me ...but kinda afraid that it might not show up again?!
So I will figure it out...until then.... Jon how could you not understand the Code? I thought it was obvious...but then again I should have been in the CIA? But then again I was in the CIA. But that is another story. ( a TRUE story I might say...little different than you might think but nevertheless true) enuf...

Love you Luke! PS. you should see my personalized plates...SO COOL!

AYBFMa

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Luke said...

What's up Shane. I wasn't sure if you were going to make it back or not. Hadn't heard from you in a while. I hope that doesn't stick with you in the morning...hangover that is. Anyway, peace out.

Mom, I bet your plates are awesome. Wish I could see them in person.
Not sure why your blog didn't post...I didn't have a problem...try again with a test post before posting something long.
Love you, and happy birthday. I hope it was good.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

I did just that...did a test post even before you mentioned it..and it worked even learned how to delete the test...whoa...surprise myself...jk...but my post...was LONG opps I tried not to..but...oh well...my next was very short...lol

;) me

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Brenton said...

Mate......i really enjoyed hangin out with ya at the station the other night. I kinda needed to wind down after the game, so thanks for lettin me hang......by the way, those peppernuts are gone!! Good job Jube!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Nah mate. Thank you for coming and hangin. I enjoyed it more than you did. Ha! Yeah, I gave a couple of them to Mike as breathmints when he woke up. I'm on my four day, and taking sunday off, so if you want to hang I'm pretty free. OH! Kat wants us to go play cards at her house on Fri. night. I told her it was fine for me. cya mate.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Luke I posted and I see it in the place where you edit but it does not show up on my blog...what now??
Don't want to lose it and do like before??? HELP!

Love me

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Nah forget it Luke got it covered.
Salright. :D

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger JC said...

Wow, you finally commented me. Im very proud of you. Oh, and i'll be driving somewhere around 5:15 so you might want to stay off of the road around then.

Chootles

Chizzler out.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Got it JC! Thanks for the heads up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home