Tuesday, November 15, 2005

X-Night Dreams

I went to talk with Zach Daddy, the youth pastor of Wallula, today about this vision for X-Night. I wasn't sure if he would be as excited about it as I, but figured I'd talk to him...He was totally stoked! Not only to see it done, but to come along side and be part of the doing. He also understands this as not our thing, but God's thing to reach the youth of this community. Zach also has some connections with other churches that I don't, so he will start working around as well.

I have already checked into the price of the community center. It's very reasonable...we can get the whole thing for probably like $600 or so. I have also sent out an email to Jared Hall, the christian illusionist (www.JaredHall.com), to see if he is available to come in August...His calendar looks clear right now. Zach and I figured this would be an awesome way to kick off the school year, plus we won't be missing kids on vacation as well. So waiting on that response, plus cost.

Things that need to be done...
-Find bands (possibly Die to Self again...as one of the openers...)
I am going to check on Seventh Day Slumber, and some other awesome even bigger name bands...Kutless, TFK, whatever...I'm not sure (IF YOU HAVE IDEAS LET ME KNOW)
-Figure out cost for them
-Start getting the word out to the churches now!

Then---Have a planning meeting with all of the youth pastors saying this is what we want to do, this is the cost, these are how many volunteers we need etc...Get everyone on board, active and involved, and get rolling!


LORD, LET YOUR WILL BE DONE IN THIS. I KNOW THAT I AM NOT CAPABLE OF SOMETHING OF THIS MAGNITUDE, NOR ALL THE YOUTH PASTORS OF THIS AREA COMBINED. YOU ARE THE ONLY WHO CAN CHANGE THESE KIDS AND THIS CITY. LET YOUR WILL BE DONE. LAY OUT THE FOUNDATION OF THIS PROJECT, GUIDE THE FOOTWORK, AND EXCITE THE YOUTH.

Please pray that God would totally Rock Leavenworth!

16 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

consider it done.

Love you Luke and your are awesome!
Ma

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

That would totally rock!!!I'm serious, that would be way cool and through you God can sooo totally reach tons of people. Its amazing, i'll help pray to because this would be soo cool for leavenworth to spread God and to bring fellow christians together so we can fellowship.
tootles!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Kim said...

YEAHA!!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger David Killough said...

Sweet, that is totally awesome. I'll continue praying for you and for what you are asking of God.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

mmmmmmmmmm.....cards. Card is goooood. When come back, bring cards.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

You hear that sound Luke? Thats the sound of my soul tearing its self apart.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lifeguard said...

ya get die to self it was a pretty good band man

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

Can't you hear the cards? They're calling your name...luke...luke...LUKE!!!!! answer them...they are calling....

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would come do a free concert ;) sing, dance, play the guitar, whatever's needed! yea....that would be great....seriously though...I will be praying that God does some awesome stuff with Leavenworth's youth and that he gives ya all wisdom and direction!
peace out yo! ~mel~

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

CARDS!!!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

UPDATE!!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Woah Kat! I was at work...what do you want from me??? I would come play cards tonight, but I might have extrication training from 6-9...if it gets canceled though, I'll come play cards...for the sake of my comments, and my sanity!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Your motto verse/passage should be Luke ch. 18:1-8! Read it.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Aley said...

GAR!The next X-Nite sounds SO AWESOME!! BUT, you know what this, probably, means for us seniors...we won't be able to come..*horribly sad face* *sigh* It still sounds great and if I can't come or be involved, I'll just have to pray that it will allow God to speak to those lucky ducks that can come. Get Switchfoot to come! J/k, I'm not that naive. Die to self would be great.Who knows, maybe I'll stick around KS or MO and I'll be able to come to this amazing soundsing lock in! Who knows, who knows. Later homie,
Aley

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Luke said...

As much as that would be totally sweet Aley, God's got cool things in store for you where ever you go to college...The prayers would be awesome though! The more people praying, the better! And yeah, if you do end up stickin around the KS/MO area, you'll totally have to come and help. That would rock!

BTW, thanks for your dedication on the youth blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home