Friday, November 04, 2005

Your Grace is Enough

This has been one of my favorite songs since I first heard it, and it's so true.
As you know, I've been on one of my busy runs, to where I haven't even really been able to update on here. Earlier this morning though, I was able to go to breakfast with Bob, and we had a great time just talking and laying out some pipedreams. It's funny because we're both so incredibly busy, that we get tired and it becomes a struggle just to keep up with all the things that need to be done today, let alone the things you'd like to do today. So, we sat, talked, and ate...we even sat and ate inside, regardless of the countless things we had to still get done before time runs out. And I know for me, somehow, in that time, the things I had to get done could wait, and didn't need to be on my mind. We then went back to his room so I could print something off for youth, and had a very small time of worship and prayer, and then went back to the day.

It was awesome though. It was so refreshing, and provided the clarity in my mind actually needed to accomplish anything. So I had this list of things to do before 3 today, and got a late start because of breakfast, but amazingly, I went home, started working on things immediately (while listening to ten sheckel shirt on my ipod), and am now finished, and have a whole hour and 20 min. before I have to start picking kids up for the conference. So, here I am updating my blog shortly, and then I will have the next hour or more to read God's word, and let him refresh me even more than he already has. He knows I'm going to need it for this weekend! LOL!

Anyway, God's grace really is enough. And once again, I am reminded of the importance of rest and refreshment, especially the kind that only my Father can provide.

I love you Lord, more than I could ever begin to speak. Your truth resounds deep in my soul, and refreshes my spirit. And your spirit leads me throughout this mess called life. Your grace is enough. To overcome my shortcomings, to bring peace to my chaos, and to constantly bring me closer to you. I love you. You are good.
Please show yourself to these kids as we separate ourselves from our familiar surroundings, and committ three days to fun and knowing you. Show yourself so bright, that we become blind to the pressures and attractions of this world, and love nothing but you. By the power of Your son, and the authority you have given us, I ask knowing that you will give anything we desire according to your will, that You come even stronger than we've been seeing you. That you would break through in a mighty way in our lives, revealing and forgiving sin, destroying shame, and burning your mark upon our hearts. That we would burn with passion to live for you, and that nothing else could ever take the place of you in our hearts. I love you Lord. Answer my prayers and change your people. In the name and power of Jesus, we agree.

8 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger BullMoose&Taft said...

I love that song to. I'm soooo happy that you came to my play. It was so nice to see you guys there. It really made me feel loved, and i'm glad you came to applebees later even though you were tired and not feeling good. YOU ROCK!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger David Killough said...

AMEN!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Andre said...

Amen Luke. Your posts are always inspirational

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger stevai said...

I love that song too!
But its tough for me to act on it. I don't think I even know how to tell you the truth. I know that I pray and ask god for guidance basically but how do you leave it all to God. I know fo sho that without God I couldn't get anything done but I think thats just head knowledge...help.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Brenton said...

Hey bro,
That breakfast time was good....definately needed. I've really come to realise the importance of prayer and time spent with God everyday, as part of getting through the busyness. I've really kinda had a breakthrough realizing that, and i wrote about it on my blog....so you should check it out.Lets pipedream some more.....i always enjoy that!

Hope this weekend went well. Heard about the accomodation issue, but i'm suer God was moving through that too. I might bug ya tonight to see how it went. God bless ya bro.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger JC said...

I love you too, my little muffin cake!! Wow, this must be like something mean inside of something nice cause i know how much you hate me calling you that even though its nice. Well, still havent caught up on my sleep and its OK that you took my board away. Sorry for bein a total dork over the weekend. Oh, next time you come to my house, i have to show you something with my board. Its a really cool trick. Oh yeah, i love that picture you have of the youth group, it brings out my eyes. HA HA HA. THat was a thigh-slappin head-throw-backer!!!!!

Well, I will leave you in piece now.

Bye my little muffin cake.

Chizzler out.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR NEW DECOR LUKE!!!! Yeah we got the real thing here. The new blog. Dad has it too. No worries it came through. And It is much better than before.

Love Mom

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I take back what I said before...your new site is impressive now. Love the flag background and all you've done! WOW COOOL LUKE!
Man makes me want a blog!

Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home