Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Eve and Day

Well, I was working last night, and man were we working. Busy pretty much the whole day...got probably 2-3 hours of sleep, but for some reason I'm not dead tired right now. I anticipated working today, so one of the guys could go home with his kids, but the supervisor just decided they would run with one less truck today. That's cool, cause that means I get to go to church, sit home watch some football, and later, go over to the Gilberts for Christmas Dinner and fellowship. It'll be great. Anyway, in thinking about Christmas...

The whole reason for Christmas (not the origins and all that crap), but the reason WE celebrate Christmas is the birth of Christ. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we celebrate birthdays different? First off, there's generally a party, and then we do it in honor of the birthday person, then we give gifts to the person I guess to show them that we love them and are thankful for their existance.
So why with Jesus birthday, do we do things different. Cultural persuasion I guess, but I was only thinking about this for a little yesterday in between running calls, so maybe you guys could help me a little, but wouldn't Christmas be cooler if we did it like this...

First off we get all Jesus friends together (the body)
Then, have a party and a good time fellowshiping and being merry!
Then, we toast to the reason we're all there to party. To JESUS, and we share all the reasons we love him, and some cool stories of times we've had with Him.
Then, we party some more.
Then, we give gifts to Him. (Maybe simply praise and worship, maybe more elaborate...dedications, money, time, other commitments)
Then, we party some more.

That sounds like a much more focused Christmas, and freakin awesome time too!

I'm sure there could be some rockin Jesus B-Day parties!

20 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

I totally agree w/ you lukey boy!
that would be awesome. Flippin' awesome.
I'd love it if that's how it went. We should do that tomorrow...or sometime. Soon
Well,
Tim? out.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

Yep, that is so true... I have been thinking about this as well this year. I have been holding a friend accountable to something, and I knew that the step of obedience they need to take might upset someone else "in the spirit of the season"...Yet, I really felt God tell me that it's so much more important to show God our love for Him instead of worrying about what that person would think. Especially in this season, it's so much more important to be obedient to Him and have that be His Christmas gift. It also mind boggled me that Amy was only able to find 4 people to work on Christmas morning in the childcare, but for me, it was all about serving Him and loving on His children as a gift from me to Him as we celebrate His day! So here's cheers to your party idea, because that sounds awesome!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Jac said...

Wow, that's actually quite intriguing- a really interesting perspective and point. That sounds like a pretty cool time too!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey Luke! Your last post got me thinking about so many wonderful memories...and God's plan, etc. What you wrote was awesome! Thanks.

Cya soon.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger scumbag said...

luke, do you guys do volunteer work. e-mail me and let me know. i kinda apologize to ya'll that visit this blog fer my profile pic.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

THAT WOULD ROCK!! We should sooo do that sometime!!
-kat

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous JaKway said...

well hello muffin cake!!!!!!
Anyway, that'd be sweet to do somethin like dat. TOTALLY>

Well, I'll see ya in about.......oh, id say.........about an hour.

JC out.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

UPDATE!!! skank

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger FL PT said...

CARDS CARDS CARDS CARDS CARDS CARDS...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Luke said...

Angie,

R U Satisfied? If you like, I'll come and beat you guys...oh, I mean play with you guys again soon...lol! Well, I guess you did pummle me when Sean was with me, but I'll blame him for now.

Cya tomorrow

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger  said...

you dont have the number so ha

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Aley said...

I think you've definately got the right idea! I think everyone should really sit down and think about what Christmas means to us (Christians) and then maybe we would all be able to see the way we celebrate Christmas in a whole new light! Hope you had a great one!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

UPDATE YOU SKANKY MAN!!!! oh and we so creamed you in Frustration oh you screaming was so worth getting pummled earlier!!! lol!!!
UPDATE!
-kat

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Hey Luke Read PS. 57:10 (i read it in NLT) but I will check others...I think this is another one in keeping with what you were thinking. Let me know what you think?
Love you...btw it is update time ;D

Mom

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Keira said...

so your Christmas was good? I hope so!
buh bye
<3Keira

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger JC said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Bye bye muffin cake

JC

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Aley said...

HYAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Brenton said...

Luke.........love the Christmas idea....but here's another perspective.....just coz we're different :P

I totally agree that Christmas has been completely taken over by materialism and present buying/giving etc. But you can't deny how this day brings a family together. There aren't many times in the year where this kind of fellowship happens, and granted....it may be over gifts...but in the past couple of Christmas' i've spent with other families, its hard not to see the love of Christ being shared between siblings and parents.....and isn't that what His birth symbolizes - the beginning of a family that loves one another?

Still love you're idea though.....it's definately gonna happen sometime soon.....whether on Christmas or some random day.....love ya bro!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

dude i'm serious about the whole updating thing no joke. So really get a move on and don't tell me you don't have time cause you had plenty of time on your four day and yesterday and today...so UPDATE!!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

So what she is really saying is She misses you... :D lol
Of course we all miss you Luke. ;D
Hope your having an awesome day. And check out M&C's new pictures and update letter. Really cool.
Love ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home