Wednesday, December 14, 2005

John 18:1-7

After saying these things, Jesus crossed the Kidron Valley with his disciples and entered a grove of olive trees. Judas, the betrayer, knew this place, because Jesus had gone there many times with his disciples. The leading priests and pharisees had given Judas a battalion of Roman soldiers and Temple guards to accompany him. NOw with blazing torches, lanterns, and weapons, they arrived at the olive grove.
Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to him. Stepping forwardto meet them, he asked, "Whom are you looking for?"
"Jesus of Nazareth," they replied.
"I Am He," Jesus said. Judas was standing there with them when Jesus identified himself. And as he said, "I Am He," they all fell backward to the ground! Once more he asked them, "Whom are you looking for?"
And again they replied "Jesus of Nazareth."
"I told you that I Am He,"...

Who are you looking for?

6 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Good question Luke. Some might say YOU. Others...not. ;) Someone had to break the silence.
You have been a MIA for a while glad your feeling better.

As Danny put it he often shows up in the most unlikely places...a manger... a cross... your dreams...

We need to keep our hearts, eyes, and ears open to his presence in all details of life... Lord help us to seek you...with all our hearts, strength and mind.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Hey Luke for as often as I check your blog you need a new video...

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

cool. see ya tomarrow.
-kat

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Sean Gilbert said...

What the heck Luke having conversation with other people on my blog. I see 7 comments and I was so happy, but then nothing you make me sad.

~Sean!~

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Ok, so I wanted to say... I just got finished talking with your mom and she said to tell you that I am from the Turkey trip!! That way, you will know who I am. So, hope you have a great day!

Tiff

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I am going to make a comment about what I just read off of your page. I have to decide weather to accept this retirement plan or not. I have to let them know by January. I have been praying about it, but still am unsure. I have spoken with Godly people, and they say to go ahead and take it. If I do, then I will not be able to back out unless I pay a fee. On the other hand, it will not hurt anything if I go overseas. It will count nothing against me. It will be a benifit in the future, but not until then. Well, I know that the Lord is our provider, so what makes us think that we need to think so much for the future. But, then, on the other hand, we do need to be good stewards with our money. AHHH.... well, over all, God is in control. I guess I just think-If I am really trusting, then why would I store up money for the future when I have no idea when the Lord is going to take me to be with Him (PRAISE HIM for that day). In the mean time, I could be using that money to support missionaries in the HERE and NOW! What do you think?? Just curious... Hope that makes sense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home