Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Test results

Well, I went over to city hall earlier to talk with the human resources director to see how I did on the test, and if I made it through to the oral boards. They were all in a meeting, so I decided to walk over to harbor lights and have a cup of coffee and organize my thoughts on upcoming youth stuff. Kim met me over there, and we talked for an hour or so and hung and had coffee. While we were sitting there, Mark Demaranville, one of the assitant chiefs from the LVFD, walked in with his wife and I recognized him said hello and shook his hand, and I think he recognized me and went on with his business. Anyway, when all was said and done, I went back over to city hall, and met with Lana, and she greeted me with a congratulations. I was pretty stoked to hear that, meaning that I made it through, then she told me that I actually received the top score on the test. I missed 2 total, and got a 96.3% or something like that. So, I'm not sure if this was intentional, or slipped or what, but I said praise god and thanks for the congratulations, and she just nodded. I did find out that one of my good buddies from our vol. dept. missed it by one question, which bites majorly, because he's a great guy and a hard worker, and would make a great firefighter. You know, the kind of guy you want to work alongside, but maybe next time.

So anyway, things are looking good for that right now.
I really am thankful to God for this, cause I honestly had no clue how it would turn out, and he's blessed me once again when really I'm quite undeserving.

So, all praise and glory and honor be to You, my God. For You alone are worthy.
Thank you for all the wonderful blessings you give me in life. Please allow me to give back even more to you from these gifts. Amen.

11 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger JP said...

Congratulations Luke.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Thx Jube

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jac said...

Way to go bud!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger David Killough said...

That's awesome Luke. Praise the Lord. Guess that means Tempe is definitely gonna wait for a while. That's okay. I can see God is working through you there tremendously.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thats awsome Luke! So very proud of my blonde friend, indeed.
::Nods::

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

You Da MAN LUKE!! :D Of course we all knew that!

Love you Ma

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Luke said...

More like working IN me, but that's great too. Thank you guys for all the tremendous love and support throughout the years. Yeah, "sarahbear" that means you too.

Love you guys

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

First country music in your blog, now your callin' meh Sarahbear? sounding more like your dad everyday Blondie.
Just keep that country music thing under rap and we wont have a problem.
lol
thanx for including me.
^_^

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

CONGRATS!! thats awesome dude!!
-kat

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Sean Gilbert said...

It's murry not murray.

~Sean!~

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey Luke,
CONGRATS! I am very happy for you! I never had any doubt that you would ace. God has wonderful plans for you...I can't wait to see what is next!

Have a great holiday weekend! I look foward to seeing you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home