Friday, December 09, 2005

Upcoming stuff

Well lets see...

First off, if you guys could all keep my Dad and the group of men he's with in Pakistan in prayer, they will need it badly. I copied a small letter from my mom in regards to this below. Also, Micah, Chrissy, Joshua, and baby on the way could use your prayers as well. Long story short, things are going well for them. However, Joshua is getting sick, they don't really have access to hot water, he's cranky all the time, and not adjusting well to all the change. They have a lot more change coming up as well, so your prayers would be much appreciated for them (for those of you who don't know, Micah is my brother who moved to Ecuador to plant a church in Manta, his wife is Chrissy, and their son Joshua, and a baby on the way)

Other things...
I just got my applicant packet in from the City of Leavenworth. It tells me all the things I will need to know in regards to the testing process. I will have a written exam and have to climb a 100-200' ladder or something on the 20th of Dec. They are hiring for 3 spots, and had 13 applicants. Things are looking good for that right now, and I would love to get the job, as I have somewhat committed (in my mind at least) another 2 years or so to the church here, and being a part of what God's doing in it. (all you Tempe people, don't freak. If things go the way I see them now, I could still feasibly be back in Tempe working for the Fire Dept. there in 2-3 yrs. which only makes me 23-24...still plenty of time, and I will be gaining valuable fire experience while I'm here...of course, all of this is simply what I see as of now. I am also very open to the idea of doing full time ministry if God calls me to that. Any which way, this is how I see it now, but we all know that this may change tomorrow, and God always has the final say...yeah, like when I thought I was going to get the job in Tempe last time. Anyway, I'm thankfull that God cares enough to take my desires away from me in order to do his will. I've found that His is much better anyway.)
So, with all of that. Please pray that God's will be done. I'd really like the job here, but am content wherever God has me.

Oh, in regards to the packet, I have to hand write my response to 5 questions and turn them in before the testing date...kinda wierd, but whatever. The sooner I get this in, the more it shows my enthusiasm for the job. So, I will be working on that right after this (actually, I need to spend some time reading my Bible first, then working on it). Then, I'm supposed to go put up lights at the Gilberts, then I have worship practice tonight for the worship gathering, which I need to put together music for, and then we have college group. (Kat, I think I might have to bail today on the lights...I know...I just really have to get this paper thing done...maybe tomorrow after the movie. Yes, tomorrow after the movie.) College group will be nice. We are going to O'Malley's in Weston. I will have a guiness there for the first time.

Cya Guys,

Luke.

16 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Jac said...

Aw, you're gonna have a guiness? Ugh! I don't like those, I'm more of a bud light girl!!!! Unless, you're not talking about that...oops :)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Brenton said...

there's college group tonight!?! man....i feel so out of the loop....can't wait to be done with school.

Good news though bro......dont have work tonight.....let me know if you need help early at the church and i can come by....worship practice is gonna rock!!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger stevai said...

that's cool, i hope you get the job, but i still hope you don't so you don't go back to az. you feelin me. yeah ok, that seems very selfish...well, it is.

have a killer new worship song that I am workin on. not hard at all, just need to work out some technology ticks.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger stevai said...

go to my blog to hear it.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger DrLeah said...

Luke!
I need your address. Please email it to me! thanks!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

Thats cool. I don't really care its really my mum. Ya know me, i could care less. Besides its cold and i would have to stand out there with you. meh.
ok, moving on now, not really but ok!
-kat

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

Go check your email! I sent you a forward from my dad that will blow your mind.
-kat

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Sheeztrue said...

Luke if you go to my blog I will post a link to a blog that has some updates in Pakistan. Newspaper guy who is with the AZ team. He just updated today but not on the luggage situation.
Go read... ( I have to go find the link now)

Love mom
Btw not freakin here... Always want the Lords will...even if we do miss you. ;)

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Luke said...

j-yeah, the beer...I've never tried one...told it's like liquid bread...we shall see

B-sorta...I guess we're going to O'Malley's in Weston...You can come with me if you like

Jon-I love that song, we're going to start doing it for church soon. And it's the job here in LV. So, you want me to get it...or at least I want you to want me to get it.

L-OK
K-Working on it...
Mom-working on it as well.

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Grace said...

Well... Being the freakishly nerdy person I am, write papers for absolutely no reason at all. Therefor, most of the time when I have to write a paper I can just pick one off the hard drive and let that be that. I do not dread school.

Thanks for your comment!

Grace

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Luke said...

That's freakin awesome Grace! What a great idea. I'm slightly jealous of the method behind your madness.

Cya,
Luke

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Kat-I don't have powerpoint, thus I cannot watch it...I'll try it at church
Leah-I don't have your email! What's wrong with that? Anyway, I left it in your comments on your blog.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

dude i don't have power point either but it plays here! Plus we aren't going to O' Malleys change of plans and i won't see you later. Don't ask i'm really pissed right now.
at everything
-kat

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

Dude update, slacker.
-kat

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Aley said...

Kind of late to be commenting now I know, but what can I say. Just call me miss procrastination! I hope you get the job here! I don't care if I'll be away at college in a few years, I still don't want you to leave...EVER! lol. I know, I know, you'll go wherever God calls you and I think that's the way it should be. I just hope God wants you to stay here a while like I do. I'll pray for you about the job...and the going wherever part. I'll try not to sway God's decision too much (J/K)! Later

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Lifeguard said...

I haven't talk to ya in a while man see ya later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home