Thursday, January 05, 2006

Long Time No Post

Been a little while. Things here have been busy, but since I've taken so much time off work, it really hasn't been that bad. Honestly the things I've been busy with for the past two weeks have been pure social activities, so you can't beat that. I think I went over to the Gilberts something like 8 times or so for lots of great food and cards. Always a good time! So, thank you Gilberts for your food, your love, and your hospitality. You guys Rock!

Update on recent events...

I WAS WRONG. USC GOT BEAT. R U ALL SATISFIED??? No huh?...
TEXAS WON. THEY'RE THE BOMB. How bou't now...yeah, I figured that would do it.

Other things...

I have my interview with the LV Fire Dept. tomorrow morning at 8:15, so you all can be praying for that to go well. I'm pretty stoked about it. If all goes well, and God is agreeing, I would probably start there in the next 3-4 weeks.

hmmm...other things.

God is amazingly wonderful and kind, but that's nothing new. Been that way forever, and always will be.

We've taken a couple of weeks off our regular youth stuff for holiday breaks, and so the kids could spend some time with their families, but I think we're all ready to get back to our regular youth stuff. I know I am at least. I haven't taught a regular lesson in like a month, and I'm ready to jump back in. Preparing for youth is sometimes one of the most beneficial things for my walk during the week. So taking this break has somewhat taken it's toll on me, unfortunatly, but God is always faithful. He never changes. He's always there waiting for us to get our senses straight and figure out why things get so blah! Oh YEAH! It's cause life without God is EMPTY! DUH!!! That's why it's so important to put 1st things 1st, to have your priorities straight. To put things with eternal value, and your eternal relationship with the father first, and then let everything else come 2nd. Cause otherwise, it just feels like your a chicken running around in circles with your head cut off accomplishing absolutely nothing. So yeah, God deserves to be #1, and life just makes more sense that way.

Well, I need to prep a bit for my interview tomorrow, so that's all for now.

Adios Amigos, and Buenos Nachos!

6 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger ali said...

hey luke!!
well i'll be praying for your interview tomorrow!!! that's got to be nerve-wracking, but i know you'll do just fine!! as for me, i'm totally ready to start youth group back up again!!!!! i miss itttt!! well i could use prayer because i have to go back to AP U.S. history tomorrow...haha.. well goodluck!!!
ali

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Luke said...

ugh...I remember that class...I actually kinda enjoyed it...I'll pray for you anyway! I appreciate your prayers for my interview. Later,

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Luke,
I'm praying for you and your job interview. I know God has great things planned for you. Let me (or should I say all of us) know how it goes!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

TEEEEEEEXXXXXAAAAAASSSSS BOW DOWN TO THE ETERNALLY WICKEDLY COOL TEXANS!!! MUAHAHAAHAHAAHAA*coughcoughpantpant*UAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
-kat

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

LOL Kat you are a Texas nut.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

MAUHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAAAA!!!!!!
-kat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home