Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yes, down time has been good

Sorry it's been a while, but I just haven't been that motivated to update. I blame it on the inherent evils of Halo2. Yes that's right...Halo2. You see for a good chunk of time here, I have been video game free. Yes, that means not playing that many video games. For me, that's a good thing. Ask Chris. He's known me my entire life. The problem is that when I really get into a game, I sometimes have trouble setting it down. Then there's things like REAL LIFE, that get pushed to the side. Well, a little while ago, a friend from AZ called and asked me to get online with his son (a good friend of mine) sometime and play Halo2. I thought, well, this is almost ministry related. Then sean getting xbox live got me playing a little more. Well, now over the past couple of days I've had off (which mind you have been most excellent), I have played way too much Halo2. I've gotten REALLY good, but still it has very little value in the end. The other problem is that video games leave me in a fog. Like when I'm done, my brain doesn't quite function properly (like it ever has). So, after talking to Jason today (who has a NFL Madden issue), we will be fasting video games for 3 days if not longer. And fasting meaning not just not playing, but substituting that time with Bible reading and prayer. I think it will be good. For me 3 days isn't that long, cause I can go three days just trying to catch up with life and responsibility, but I think if I go 3 days, then a week won't be that hard either, than from there back to the occasional playing.

So, there you have it. An update and a reason for lack of updates. Halo2.

Seriously though. As far as REAL LIFE goes.

Things are well. I'm enjoying my break, getting a lot of things I need to accomplished, and resting a bit. It's been great. I'm looking forward to my first day with the fire dept. on Thurs. (even though it will be filling out paperwork all day), and finding out what my schedule will be so I can keep putting things on the calendar. God is good as he always is (yeah, being unchanging and all), but His faithfulness and patience are very evident to me.

I hope all is well for everyone else...I haven't really been on the blogging world at all since my last update, so I have some catching up to do.

Love you all.

9 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

*shakes head* silly silly lukey. You read the warning label right? It says right there on the box that if the game is not played by only the most hardened indivudals that they weakling would become addicted and slowly lose touch with reality.

People these days need to learn to read the warning labels, they are there for a good reason.
ttfn
kat

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey. Glad to hear that you've been enjoying your down time. What is it w/ guys and video games? Actually I can't say anything bad about it b/c I do like the sports games and PacMan...and I go thru my game-playing spurts too. PacMan rules. Anyway, all the best for your first day at the fire station tomorrow! I'll be praying for you.

Cya later. :-)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Aley said...

Hey Lukey! Halo2? You have all this free time off and you play Halo2? lol, I get addicted to the old Nintendo marios, so I can't play them anymore, via my restriction, otherwise I'd do it all the time. So hey, I don't know whose idea wednesday was, not like it matters, all for God, but it was super awesome. I was totally skeptical at first, being such a music worshiper myself, but I really liked the painting and writing. It really was pretty awesome man, fo sho. So, yeah, just thought I'd give you my $0.02 on that. lol. Hope work's going good, I'm sure it is cause you're awesome. Wow, I've used awesome about 5 times in this little thingy here, I really need to stop. Ok, I'm done, really, honestly, no trust me, you don't believe me?!?!?! lol I'm really tired, sorry, I just got back from Bravo at ZonaRosa and I'm soooooo tired, so now I'm going to bed, I know good idea right? lol See you later Lukey.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Grace said...

HEY!

I was talking to Kat today and...

Congrats on the firefighterness and all that...
I'm really happy for you!

-ms grace

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

Ugh...i was soo bored today and acutally wanted to clean that music filethingy but didn't have a car nor a key.
-kat

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Luke,
Where are you? Some of us miss hearing from you...*wink *wink, *nudge *nudge. So, update will ya!? Geesh.

Ha ha...I know you are busy but I just thought I'd razz ya a little. I hope all is well w/ the new job and all your other adventures.

Hope to hear from ya soon.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man this is Jaris! It has been such a freakin long time! good to see things are going really well for you. Things are good here oo, I lilve in Virginia now, and am in the Fire Dept. as well. So I guess how are you doing brother! Its probably the best job in the world. Anyways, get back to me sometime, my email is wrestleaz@hotmail.com

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

LUCAS DUCAS!!! Update you pinko commie! GAHH

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sean Gilbert said...

Yeah so Luke, I guess I was wrong with the whole sean and jordan thing. Today I asked them to come to youth. I said it would been fun it's a cool place to be. Jordan said nothing i don't think he wanted to answer and sean said that he didn't want to learn about church. My response was thats not what we learn about. Nothing I said could change their minds. If you could offer me some advice for this sitiuation I would really like for them become christians because it would help me in my walk along with theirs.

~Sean!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home