Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hey All

Been a little while huh?

This last week...

Silverline came in and totally rocked the house on Wed. We didn't have quite as many kids show up as I thought, but it didn't matter, we had a total blast! The show was great, and the message was good and real. The band arrived here at 5:30 wed. morning, and then stayed with us at the house here till 2 am on Fri. It's been an exhausting week, but a ton of fun. We played poker with the guys a lot, and I won a lot...(oh yeah!), but eventually I had to catch up on sleep. I won't get into all the details, but I slept from 8 pm last night to 8 am this morning.

Youth has been really good the past 3 weeks. God has really been pushing us to move past a social event, back to a much deeper time of seeking after him. It's been totally awesome. On top of that, I was kinda worried about the financial aspect of the 7 project, but God's totally provided for most of that as well. I still am going to talk about it this sun., and hopefully we'll be able to cover the remainder of what's left. I'm not sure if our youth group will see the direct growth results from this or not, which I'm honestly not that concerned with, but I know for a fact that a LOT of kids will come to know Jesus from this! And I KNOW it, and am totally excited about it. This project aims right at the great commission. Reaching the lost and discipling them. It's gonna be great.

I think that's it for now.


If you think about it, I've got something I've been thinking about for a while, and will probably fast over soon. I'm not gonna go as far as putting it down here, but just a decision I'd like God to provide for. Thanks all, Later,

Luke.

Oh, one more thing. I start my first 24 hour shift with the FD on Mon., and I know my schedule, so I can finally keep planning ahead for youth and worship now!

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger David Killough said...

Hey Bro!

You are totally right. God will provide for every last penny you need. He is sooo faithful. I'm glad your work and your schedule is starting to become more predictable that way you'll know when you can and cannot do things. Call me!

Love ya!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Brenton said...

This week's been awesome bro. Really appreciate the friend you've been. Can't wait to see what God has in store for these kids. Love ya bro

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey! Yay for update! Glad all is going well w/ youth. How are your shifts at the FD going? I hope it is all you want it to be.

I'm praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home