Tuesday, February 14, 2006

interesting things...

Well, I went over to the McKinney's today to talk about buying a house and all that, primarily because I didn't even know where to begin, and got some very good info. We went to lunch, talked about what I had, what I wanted, and what I could afford. They had said that they had a loan officer coming in later, and I should talk to him while he was there.

So, I did. I gave him my info, he pulled my credit, and he basically said he would approve me for basically whatever I wanted. That was kinda cool. He then sat around with the McKinney's and I as we looked at different houses on the web, and he crunched the #'s to tell me what my payment each month would be including ins. and taxes etc...
Basically, I now know exactly what I'm willing to put forth on a place, and that I approved at a really good rate. So, now all I have to do is find a house....Dough.
I'm going to look at a couple places tomorrow with Helen M., and we'll go from there.

I'd really like to find a place slightly in the county where I can still respond with my vol. fire dept., or in the city within the general response area where I am now. Also, it'd be nice if it was big and nice enough and all that jazz, but also be something that I can sell in 2 yrs., if so desired, and make some money off it.

So, if you would, by all means pray that God will lead me to the right place, and all will go well.


Other matters of business.

I'm glad the whole kick off for 7 project is finally over. That was honestly a good bit of work, and a fair amount of stress.

......Thing is, I've been so focused on that and getting things started at the fire dept., and looking at houses and such, that it's been really distracting to my relationship with God. At the same time, life has been great and full of many blessings (like finding out about my credit and the house deal, and breezing through my Fire Instructor 1 test, and youth going very well, and one more thing I'll tell later), all of which I know are from God, but it's been so busy, and exciting at the same time, that while I know every blessing I have is testimony to God's incredible faithfulness and goodness towards me, I've felt distant.

OH! One more blessing! This whole 7 project is quite the task, and also needs considerable financial backing (EVERY BIT I FULLY BELIEVE IS WELL WORTH IT!!!). So, between 4 churches, we needed to come up with $4,000, or appx. $1000 a church. I know our church budget, and we can afford to pitch forward $0 of that, so I resolved to talk to the congregation about it, and see who would be willing to donate what towards the project on top of their regular giving.

Well, I thought we might get a couple hundred, and so I told the guy in charge we could probably get that, but 1k was highly doubtfull. However, I would sincerely pray over it, and ask the congregation. Well, really without anyone knowing what anyone else was giving, some gave $10 dollars, and some gave much more. Sunday afternoon, after church, everyone had donated EXACTLY $1,000 for this project. I was totally blown away.

God had put it on every individuals heart to give what he had asked them to. Whether it be big or small, or proportional to what they were able, he had the perfect plan in mind to cover what we needed for this event. As thankful as I was for the people who gave large amounts, I was just as thankful for the ones who gave smaller amounts, and everyone giving out of obedience and joy to the father. It was also a cool thing for me to see that God is behind this event, and that it's not just our efforts, but something He's working through us, and the rest of the body.

Lord you constantly amaze me. Even when I get tied up in the affairs of this life, you are still here with me. You clear the path ahead of me so I can walk without stumbling, and still I think it's me and not you.
I beg you Father to take away every inch of me that lives for this world. Give me eternal perspectives.
Lord you know I often think about the money I could make doing other things, but I don't want any of that. Show me how much you value obedience, and relationship over "ministry" or my desire for the good life. Open my eyes to how much you've blessed me, and how you are constantly holding my hand guiding me through a maze with my eyes blindfolded. Help me to trust in you.

I love you, My Dad, My Father, My King. I need You even more. Come...

9 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger David Killough said...

That's awesome bro. God is soo good. It's amazing how He always provides for our needs.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger T_Griff said...

amen to that...to both your prayer and david's comment.
I realize now, for some reason, that there's a whole lot more out there that I could be praying about...not just what you said but tons of stuff...
oh, and it is valentine's day, Luke...I love you sooooo much...hugs and kisses...lol
see ya at y.g
and don't forget to come early for worship practice. we need you to play...thanx
Tim? out.

p.s - my comment was longer than david's...hehehe
totally irrelevant, I know...but hey luv you too david

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger try spelling hannah backwards said...

Hey There!
Yeah the Roberts are pretty cool, i think its because they're related to me...JK!But i havent met you but i will in a couple months.Im flying out there for Ali's 17 birthday!!Its Gonna be SOOOOO much fun!
Later Skater
Hannah

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey! It's exciting to see what God is doing in your life and in the lives of the youth. I'll continue to pray for ya.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Awesome Hannah. You'll have a great time...we always do.

Angie! Yeah, some pretty cool things going on. Please keep praying. It is much appreciated!
How have things been with you and your internship? Anybody bleeding everywhere again? Oh wait, that was you...lol.
Sorry, that wasn't cool (slightly amusing though).

Later, Luke.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jac said...

That is awesome how the money came in bro! That's so cool, that project 7 is going to be killer! I'm so excited about what God's doing in your life!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jac said...

That is awesome how the money came in bro! That's so cool, that project 7 is going to be killer! I'm so excited about what God's doing in your life!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jac said...

That is awesome how the money came in bro! That's so cool, that project 7 is going to be killer! I'm so excited about what God's doing in your life!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Hey Luke! Ok that was just a cruel comment. I am hurt. Ha ha, j/k. Hey it was an autonomic nervous system response to 20 minutes of bleeding ok?!

Things are going...I have 3 weeks and 2 days left of academics before I start my internship. See, if you read my blog you would know what is going on. Ha ha :-)

Thanks for asking how things are going. I will defintely keep praying for you and for God to show you His path.

Cya later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home