Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Glass Box

She sits out on the corner
A blanket for her warmer
As she shivers from the frost
Of their cold stares

So many times she's been branded
Attacked by the bandits of a
Of a pious Christian world

Her rags won't stop the bleedin
For the love that she's been needin
As she cries herself to sleep at night again

Chorus
But I'll stand inside of my glass box
Shake my fist and throw my rocks
And feel proud as I correct you of your sins (x2)

He slinks on by
Just trying to hide
His social leaprosy

His head hung low
If they could only know
His fear reveals his need

Cast down and out
I'm far too proud
To reach that far beneath

Chorus
So I'll stand inside of my glass box
Shake my fist and throw my rocks
And feel proud as I correct you of your sins(x2)

I do it once again

Don't you know
That the first shall be the last
And the last shall be the first
They'll feast at a wedding
As you watch
From your box lookin in

Chorus
So I'll step outside of my glass box
Lend a hand and drop my rocks
And feel proud as we go walkin hand in hand (x2)

I do it once again


Thanks to Ben Cloud for his constant inspiration towards social justice, and how Christians should truly portray the love of Christ

8 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Thanks mom for prompting me to change the end there...You are right, it's much better that way. Love ya,

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Sheesh said...

OH MY Goodness LUKE! NOW THAT IS A SONG!!!!! WOW, I like it SO much better now. It is more meaningful and moving with this new ending. Btw I just talked to Georgia and told her how her song inspired the end of your song. And she was SO encouraged and blessed that the Lord would use any of her music to bless. I am too...as I know yours will as well.
Love you Luke!!
Thanks for calling and sharing.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger friend said...

I'm glad you have heard that message - and that it is coming from your heart - praise the Lord for that - and let us love even the most unlovable - please Lord.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

You wrote this? Its incredible!
-kat

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

I only have one word for ya...AWESOME.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger stevai said...

you so totally rock, squirt!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Shay said...

I had been thinking about something like this, but couldn't put it into words. Then came upon your blog. I think this is worded wonderfully and something we all need to hear and remember.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,

This is Mike. Read the lyrics to your song. Very powerful. Mark Twain said that if Christ were to come to earth today the one thing that he would not be is a Christian. We've really done a disservice to what it's all about with our "organized religion".
Liked the music, too. Would like to hear it live. Hint Hint

 

Post a Comment

<< Home