Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Worship Distraction

Well, I should really be doing laundry, filing my important papers stack that is lying all over the house, and cleaning my room, but I'm listening to Chris Tomlin right now, and am having the hardest time pulling myself away from the computer. I really want to go over to the church and plug in and just worship for a bit, but then I wouldn't get this stuff done. Oh well...maybe I'll do my laundry real quick, then call it good...

God has been doing some cool things with me in worship right now. I've had the opportunity to lead the last 3 sunday mornings, and they've all been great. Not only the sound, but really feeling like as a congregation, we're entering into God's presence, and then getting to look out, and see people who are lost in worship. That's been my goal in worship lately, is helping/allowing people to get to that place in worship, where it's just them and God...to be lost.

Not only has the last 3 weeks been good, but I feel like recently, God's been giving me more gifting in that area. That vocally I've been improving, that I've been improving as a guitar player, as a leader with the team (in getting people on the same page and same vision), and even like he's given me more freedom and creativity in some of my own stuff I've been working on. It's been really cool, cause sometimes I get to that point where as a musician, I feel like I plateau. Like I'm not really improving, but staying the same. And especially with my own stuff...I'm never content with the end result, and I ALWAYS get musicians block. But recently I think God's been giving me more creativity, and improving all those areas. My only hope is that I can continue to give Him every ounce of glory that will come from anything, and that I can use it help people enter into a deeper relationship with the Father.

Well, Chris brought out his cd's, so I started updating my itunes library, and that means no, I still haven't done my laundry, and it's been like an hour! Oh well...I've got a couple more cd's to update, and then I'll do my laundry, and then off to meetings, and then to view that building at 4:30...

Love yall...

18 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger FL PT said...

Man, multiple posts in one day!!?? I am astonished...ha ha.

It's great to hear of all the things that God has going in your life! The teaching EMT and apartment-owning opportunity sound awesome, as does the VLI internship. I'm also glad that you are enjoying leading worship and that you are growing. Exciting times!

Go do your laundry!! ha ha

Cya later Luke.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger stevai said...

what's goin on...
thanx for putting up with me on sunday morning. I don't know how you did it when i would flirt with the tempo but never get near it... you know what i mean. i really appreciate all the stuff you put into the church and youth and stuff.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Hey Angie! Yeah crazy and exciting times...It's alright though, cause I know God will help me through when I get way in over my head. Things never really get over his head...ya know? He's pretty tall. Congrats on the test...will we see you in the summer maybe?

Jon,
Hey man, don't worry about a thing. You were great sun. It's probably more me messing it up than anything. How'd your audition go with KU? I'm very curious!
Thx, for the thx, it's nice to no occasionally that your efforts are appreciated, but I also appreciate you, and what you do. You've come a long way. Especially with "bringing outsiders in". Keep working at it bro! Cya,

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

LOL! I guess i should be careful for what i wish for! I said update and heck you sure did!

Well sounds like you are diffently going to be working very hard. You'll most diffently be in my prayers so that you have plenty of strength to accomplish all the things you want to.
-kat

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

oh and btw you want me to do that little quizzy thingy? YOU"LL HAVE TO ACTUALLY LOOK AT MY BLOG TO SEE IF I"VE DONE IT!!! lol...(insert evil laughter here)
-kat

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Hey, I actually looked at your blog earlier today! I'll just have to look again!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger JC said...

Wattup LUKE??!! Hows LIFE?? Good..... Im glad that your doin AWESOME! Thanx for leading worship for last 3 weeks, those were great!

See ya

JC

(I meant I'll see you wednesday!)
(inside joke, bunember?)

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

YAY! A comment!!! lol!
-kat

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, took me a few days to read through all that, lol. The apt sounds like a pretty sweet deal, especially haveing trustworthy tendants. I am a little worried about your laundry situation though, thats just plain sick man. Dirty >_<

About those classes you want to take, only if your up to the challange. Seems like a lot of work and dedication, but it opens up your varisons if you want to change areas in the same field of work.

Catch ya later

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kim said...

DUKY!!! I updated GO LOOK! and guess which one is you! tee hee!!

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Sheesh said...

Luke for some reason I can't post? Wanna help with that?

Mom

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Luke said...

hmm...not too sure...email me your username and password, and I'll play with it. Love ya mom!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

HAHA! i saw you the other day! anywho! Did you like them dar ponies lucas ducas? lol! Me and kim are evil no? It was fun and i'm trying to convince her to do more, but... she's not coperating. So yar...
ttfn
-kat

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jac said...

Dude, whats up, hows it going bro? Give me a shout when you can!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger CleanSlate said...

ok man you can update now. Seriously.
-kat

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger JP said...

I admire so much the heart God has given you for worship....It grows in me everyday and I know exactly where you're coming from. Call me sometime...I haven't seen you in ages!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger JP said...

www.myspace.com/jacquereynolds

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Luke said...

thanks, the link a friend sent me wasn't working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home